Movie Reviews (such as they are)

Friday, November 03, 2006

Eyes Wide Shut

Wife and I sat down to watch Eyes Wide Shut again, just to see if it was as shit as we remembered. We didn't rent it or anything; it was on telly.

Well, it was as shit as we remembered it – in fact, I think it was even shitter – so we turned off after a couple of ad breaks. I mean, it's really shit – and I like Kubrick films generally. (By the way, don't ad breaks just fucking murder anything you're trying to watch on TV? Drives me insane.)

The other reason that we thought we might suddenly like the film (well, I did, because I'm "simple folk") is that when we were in Venice, we went into the mask shop that provided the masks for the masquerade-ball scenes. And the mask I'm wearing here is from that self-same shop. Wow!