Movie Reviews (such as they are)

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Elf

As a general comment, the larger Jon Favreau gets, the less good his work seems to be. I don't mean that in a "fattist" way; just saying. Like, clearly he ain't starving; and we all know that starving artists are the greatest.

Fortunately for all of us, Elf -- Favreau's second proper feature as director -- despite being made deep into his "healthy-eating period", is very fucking funny, if not necessarily the best film ever made. At least, I laughed a shitload. I was like some sort of demented idiot at times, with the crazy laughing and all.

I've got, like, a brazillion reviews to get through, so I'm keeping some of 'em brief. Want fun and laughter? Watch Elf. But you might want to wait till Christmastime for maximum seasonal effect. I score it 69 points out of 100.

Labels: , , ,