Movie Reviews (such as they are)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Over the course of the past two or three evenings, I've tried to watch one of the films we've had on rental from LoveFilm: George Clooney's directorial debut Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Occasionally I do have to watch movies in two sittings, just because of tiredness, or not getting to sit down early enough in the evening to finish one. Of course, though, ideally I'd rather not do it.

But oh, two sittings was not enough. It put me to sleep twice over two nights that movie. And ... and this is so not like me - I watched The Cave, remember? ... I have had to admit defeat. I just couldn't bring myself to watch another minute of it.

Yes, it had good bits, and yes it had good actors acting well. But I just couldn't watch it, and I don't really know why. I just found it unwatchable. I find almost no films unwatchable. Like I say, it's not that it was bad, per se; just bloody boring, I suppose.

I give (what I saw of) this film 19 out of 100.

Labels: