Movie Reviews (such as they are)

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Crimson Tide

Since I am trying to watch and appreciate more Tony Scott films of late, I figured it was about time I tried Crimson Tide. Despite it having been script-doctored by Quentin Tarantino, I've simply never got around to seeing it before.

Well, long story short: I wish I hadn't bothered. The story was dumb; the acting (with one or two exceptions) mostly unconvincing; the tension non-existent; and the dialogue awful. And those bits that one might assume are Tarantino's contribution (i.e., those that dwell on comic books and movie stars) just stick out like a big ol' sore thumb.

This was a bad movie. I wish I hadn't bothered. I am fast going off Tony Scott...

Scores
Acting: 12
Story: 5
Direction: 12
Enjoyment: 8
Involvement: 5
Total: 42

Labels: ,