Movie Reviews (such as they are)

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Million Dollar Baby

So, Million Dollar Baby was on TV the other night, and I figured I'd give it a go, being as it had won a few Oscars and all.

Man, are you fucking shitting me?! What a lame-ass piece of fluff! I mean, come on, people: this is a Tuesday-afternoon disease-of-the-week picture with a bigger budget. It's just So-whats-ville on a major scale.

Let's just tally up those Oscar wins. Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, and Best Supporting Actor. Give me a fucking break. Okay, Freeman was fine, but he was exactly the same as Red in Shawshank. Swank was okay in the tragic-heroine role. The direction was all right, I guess. The picture? Ha! Put it this way, I should have checked who wrote it before bothering. That Paul Haggis is a fucking hack! This and Crash; I know I'm gonna regret that Valley of Elah thing... Finding Neverland lost to this? Wow...

One good thing: Clint was very good in places, and quite excellent towards the very end. But even that's not enough for me to recommend it. This one gets 41 out of 100.

Labels: , , , , ,